Manpower is seeking to recruit a Credit Control Executive to join our client's team. The successful candidate will be responsible primarily for managing the Debts of our business. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the formulation/review of contracts of supply etc.
Reporting to the Production Financial Controller this position is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with clients to ensure the smooth running of our receivables.
· Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors to ensure a reduction in debtors' DSO.
· Evaluating new credit requests and reviewing customers' credit rankings with credit institutions in line with approved company policies.
· Ensuring timely payments from customers.
· Negotiating re-payment plans.
· Responding to relevant client enquiries.
· Checking and posting of receipts to accounting systems.
· Preparation of client status reports and all relevant information as required for eventual presentation to management.
· To periodically review current company credit policies and procedures and come up with proposals and suggested improvements.
· Ensuring credit and collection policies and procedures are followed throughout the organisation.
· Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team.
· Initiate and follow up legal actions against customers with overdue balances.
· Periodical updates to Management Team about progress registered / issues that could crop up from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Previous experience in a credit control environment is a must.
· Experience in legal proceedings will be considered an asset.
· The candidate would ideally have a diploma in Credit Management. Alternatively, the candidate would have an accountancy degree.
· Good negotiation skills.
· Outstanding attention to detail with the ability to contribute to formulation/review contracts of supply with our debtors.
· Understand current setoffs and propose new ones as a means of protecting sales whilst collecting debts within a reasonable timeframe.
· Accurate, efficient, and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks.
· Proficiency in Mathematics ideally with a good accounting background.
· Ability to maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues.
· Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with clients and internal colleagues.
· Hands-on with can-do attitude.
· Analytical skills, with attention to detail.
· Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
· Business acumen
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
· Working hours are those associated with full-time employment and office-based.
or login with