Sous Chef - Mediterranean Cuisine
Manpower is seeking a Sous Chef for our client.
Reporting to the Head Chef, the Sous Chef shall have the following responsibilities in his role:
- Through hands on approach, develop and promote learning, nurturing environment for all kitchen team members that focuses on proper cooking techniques, knife skills, time management and accountability to ensure culinary, sales, and service success and internal career growth.
- Stand in for Head Chef in his/her absence.
- Be up-to-date with current food trends through research and partnership with vendors.
- Assist Head Chef with daily, weekly, and monthly specials and menu development.
- Ensure consistent execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Develop/streamline restaurant processes in partnership with the Head Chef.
- Assist Head Chef in managing kitchen brigade payroll hours to budgeted payroll percentage.
- Incorporate and administer applicable safety and sanitation programs according to local law for the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Ensure employee appearance appropriately reflects the required standards and Madliena Lodge brand image.
- Manage upkeep of physical restaurant in partnership with the Head Chef and General Manager.
- Influence the team to embrace, articulate, and reflect the Madliena Lodge core values.
- Responsible for assisting Head Chef in achieving or exceeding kitchen financial expectations (i.e. food cost, food efficiencies, labor costs, and direct kitchen expenses).
- Possess complete knowledge, execution, and enforcement of all food menus including ingredients, preparation methods, and presentation.
- Ensure the safety, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen by maintaining specified agency standards through proper supervision and training.
- Possess complete knowledge, application, and enforcement of all policies, procedures, and standards.
- Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be clear communicators, fluent in English.
- They should have a passion for food and drink, and a natural sense of hospitality
- Certification from the I.T.S or a similar catering college and work experience with a well-established, reputable restaurant.
- In the case of non-EU nationals, a valid work permit to work in Malta and clean Police conduct are a must.