Chief Information Officer - CIO
On behalf of our client, Manpower is seeking to recruit a Chief Information Officer In the path towards internationalisation of our client ride-hailing platform. As CIO you will spearhead the technological direction of an innovative platform set to disrupt the global ride-hailing industry, through its functional richness and affordable usage. Together with our CTO you will strive to ensure that our platform remains ahead of the curve in the ride-hailing industry, guaranteeing world-class service levels, unmatched user experience and a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of fleets, drivers and mobility service providers.
- A Ride-hailing Platform Technology strategy ahead of the curve
- Shape, execute and constantly improve a forward-looking platform technology strategy, aiming to ensure that the company's platform remains ahead of the curve of its main competitors within the context of a rapidly changing mobility landscape.
- Constantly monitor technological developments in the mobility industry, particularly ride-hailing platforms, AI adoption in route optimisation and real-time dynamic data processing, aiming to continually enhance and optimise the platform's capabilities for drivers and passengers.
- Strategically engage with global technology players to consistently integrate their services within the platform to offer an enhanced user experience leveraging the best-in-class mobility technologies available from time to time.
- Ensure that the Platform is scalable, resilient and reliable at all times
- Ensure that the company's technology division adopts effective and adequate technological practices to efficiently enable the scale-up of the company's tenancy growth in terms of its go-to-market strategy.
- Establish protocols and SOPs to ensure that the Platform can manage and handle planned and unexpected surges in user (passenger and driver) demand, particularly in exceptionally peak hours, mass events and localised emergencies.
- Contribute to the design and shaping of constantly improved solutions to be adopted for real-time geolocation tracking, optimised route management, competitive dynamic pricing and efficient driver-passenger matching.
- Entrench strong security and privacy measures
- Take the leadership and ownership of the implementation of the ISO27001 programme, ensuring that any necessary measures are timely implemented across the Company.
- Prioritise the security of user data, most notably identity and payment information but also including trip history and customer preferences.
- Develop protocols to handle potential data breaches and/or cyber attacks, focusing on rapid response, business continuity and damage mitigation.
- Design, recommend and implement adequate risk management strategies and measures.
- Develop and curate a data-driven culture across the Company and its operations
- Direct the integration of data analytics to interpret user behaviour, optimise routes, predict demand and improve revenue management through dynamic pricing.
- Lead the operations of the data team to leverage available technologies to automate predictive behaviours, fraud detection and churn management.
- Engage in strategic partnerships with big data operators to extract meaningful patterns which can contribute to stronger ESG principles adoption in the jurisdictions in which the Platform is operational.
- Workflows, collaboration and internal automation
- Work with product teams to develop and integrate new rich/disruptive features in the Platform to differentiate from other operators.
- Engage in strategic partnerships with specialist technology vendors (such as AVs, generative AI, IoT infrastructure operators and smart city integrators) to interface the richness of the platform to other collaborative platforms.
- Lead enterprise-based initiatives to integrate activities of internal business units to achieve stronger degree of automation across the organisation.
- Leadership, team-building, work ethic and corporate culture
- Lead a diverse IT and product team, fostering a culture of innovation, openness, agility and continuous improvement.
- Lead by example by demonstrating a solid work ethic aligned to the company's aspirations to evolve into a global mobility tech player.
- Mentor team members across all the technology and product functions, empowering them with the right training and ensuring they keep updated with the prevailing industry technology trends.
- Budgeting, resource allocation and financial governance
- Lead and own the technology budgeting process to align the company's strategic goals with the adequate financing level, through rolling budgets.
- Coordinate with the CTO to granularly optimise resource allocation to reach project goals and go-to-market launch objectives.
- Entrench an ROI-driven culture, through which development costs, tool expenditure and platform costs (eg cloud, mapping, payment services) are consistently reviewed to attain better margins.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 10+ years of IT management experience.
- A proven track record in the ride-hailing or similar platform-driven industries is a must.
- Deep understanding of mobile technologies, cloud infrastructure, geospatial systems, and real-time data processing.
- Demonstrated ability to lead IT teams and drive technology innovation.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
SALARY: Open, depending on the candidate's Skill and Experience. ALL WILL BE CONSIDERED
WORK SETTING: HYBRID, the candidate must be willing to relocate to Malta.