Manpower is currently seeking a Procurement Executive to join the team of our client. The ideal candidate will be responsible for purchasing raw materials, products, and supplies promptly to meet customer demands. Please find the job description below:
To ensure the timely purchase of requested raw materials, products, and supplies to meet customer requirements.
- Issue purchase orders and promptly send approved copies to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Serve as a point of reference for accurate and detailed information on order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Continuously follow up with suppliers to address any delays in orders.
- Coordinate with the Logistics personnel to meet deadlines and ensure timely deliveries.
- Provide timely information to support forecasting activities.
- Monitor material usage through reports, budgets, and trends.
- Ensure that all purchased products meet the desired quality and specifications as per company standards.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best purchasing package in terms of quality, price, payment terms, delivery, and service, including any price increases.
- Review datasheets to ensure that ordered items meet requester's needs.
- Attend Company-provided training and assessments.
- Maintain and enhance working relationships with existing suppliers.
- Seek out alternative suppliers to improve landed cost, quality, credit terms, project-related purchases, and exclusivity where applicable.
- Perform any other necessary duties as assigned.
- Possess basic knowledge of the Logistics sector to assist the Logistics team when required.
Attributes & Experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficient in negotiation and networking with suppliers.
- Collaborative team player with proactive work approach.
- Demonstrates confidence and maturity.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- MQF Level 4 Diploma or higher in Procurement/Supply Chain and/or technical/electrical background.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English and Maltese.